Libraries across the state want to give their patrons a chance to give back to the community. This year, we will be collecting donations for the Millerton Presbyterian Church’s food pantry and for the Library’s Little Free Grocery Program.
The actual day of The Great Give Back is October 17th, but we will be collecting donations starting on October 1st and until October 31st.
We are accepting the following items:
- Breakfast items: cereal, instant oatmeal, graham crackers, granola bars
- Entrees: macaroni and cheese, peanut butter, jelly/jam, canned tuna fish, canned soup/stew
- Juice boxes (100% juice)
- Canned vegetables
- Snack foods: microwaveable popcorn, individual packages of cookies, crackers and puddings.
- Pet products (cat and dog food, cat litter)
- Hygiene products (shampoo, body wash, soap, toothpaste, feminine hygiene products)
- Toilet paper
Please be sure that all food items donated are not expired and that they are sealed. Expired or open containers will not be accepted.
Feel like shopping from home? Our Amazon Shopping List is up and running!
Donations CANNOT be used to pay fees for lost or damaged items or library fines.